Tuesday 26 January 2016

The last post - well not quite probably!


Copied and pasted from the Advfn BB.

PJ 1 - Thanks.

"If you're not prepared to hold a stock for ten years then don't even think about owning it for ten minutes"

Can't remember the name of the guy credited with this quote? Although I think he then bought Tesco shares and regretted having said it. :)

On a more serious note.

Some sensible comments on here already by the posters that I bother to read (that's everybody except clocktower ;). Can't add much really. Obviously disappointed that results are a little below last year (although not significantly) since we all want to see growth, but in essence, nothing has changed for me. Profitable, cash generative, debt free, Directors interests aligned with shareholders, dividend payer (already received nice yield) etc. It ticks most of my boxes.

I'll sit it out as always, and possibly buy dips. The company is only valued at about £2.5m, and half of that is cash on the balance sheet.

Avesco was in a similar situation in 2009, I just kept buying the shares when they were in the 20p-25p range when it felt like it was just me against the "white-walkers" :). Now they're in the 200p range.

I still like the risk/reward balance at AEO.

Just in case you've missed my blog/post comment elsewhere, I will rarely be posting from now on. I am fortunate enough to have been quite successful over the years, and I sometimes build up shareholdings in companies over significant time periods. I have no intention of alerting the world and his wife to these opportunities any longer. Also, I am a long termer and generally most bloggers and BB posters are traders so we operate in different worlds with different time scales.

I've commented on AEO before, so in this instance it's no skin off my nose to perhaps make this one of my last posts.

Regards PJ 1 and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment